Building a Livelihood Enterprise
A livelihood-based enterprise is an approach to business designed for the activists, world-changers, artists, healers, and earth keepers, who are motivated to be self-sufficient and make a decent living, but are more driven by their values and principles than by monetary success. These are not mutually exclusive, however it’s important to understand who we are as complex, multi-dimensional, whole human beings, so that we can continue to work in our creative flow and purposeful joy, while maintaining a sustainable livelihood.
Livelihood is about understanding our essential monetary needs, and building our business capacity to maintain that before we grow beyond that. It is rooted in cultivating relationships of trust in our community through non-violent communication and showing up with integrity. It is rooted in compassionate care of our people, and devoted commitment to our work.
Integrating the principles of Ecology + Evolution allows you to create flexibility and adaptability in your business for you to learn, grow, and evolve as an individual. Business is not a fixed or rigid concept, and is an ever-evolving entity based around your identity as a whole, complex, multi-dimensional human being.
Ecology of Livelihood: Business School, a 10-Month Training Program
You can check out this Free Webinar on the Ecology of Livelihood: A Primer on the 10 Essential Principles of the Ecology + Evolution of Self + Business, which provides an overview of my approach to business.
Over the course of 10 months we will dive deeper into these principles and discuss technical aspects of business building as well. Topics include:
- Knowing Yourself + Your Business [09/22/2020]
- Building Community Around Your Clients + Customers [10/6/2020]
- Community Building Techniques + Cultivating Relationships of Eternal Trust [10/20/2020]
- Marketing as Non-Violent Communication [11/03/2020]
- Principles of Ecology + Evolution for Self + Business [11/17/2020]
- Tools for Self + Community Healing [12/01/2020]
- Business as the Ecology of Livelihood: Beyond Transactional Relationships [01/12/2021]
- Business Traps to Avoid [01/26/2021]
- Tools of the Trade: Online + In-person Business Tools (business cards, branding or not, website, social media, e-commerce, email lists, payment + invoicing systems, etc) [02/09/2021]
- The Art + Science of Pricing [02/23/2021]
- Developing Higher Level Offerings [03/09/2021]
- Integrating Spirituality, Activism, + Business [03/23/2021]
- Cultivating a Non-Exploitation, Empowerment Based Business Model [04/06/2021]
- Honing in on Your Right People, Right Offerings, Right Guides + Teachers [05/04/2021]
- Social Enterprise: Less Capitalistic Business Models + Cooperative Governance Models [05/18/2021]
- Perseverance + Professional Growth [06/01/2021]
- Copywriting + Storytelling [06/15/2021]
- Branding or Non-Branding [06/29/2021]
- Managing Email Lists and Customer Orders [07/13/2021]
- Intro to Running Your Own Training Program [07/21/2021]
As a 10 month program, there are 20 calls that will happen every 2 weeks. You will get to be part of a private FB group called Ecology of Livelihood.
- September 22, 2020
- October 6, 2020
- October 20, 2020
- November 3, 2020
- November 17, 2020
- December 1, 2020
- January 12, 2021
- January 26, 2021
- February 9, 2021
- February 23, 2021
- March 9, 2021
- March 23, 2021
- April 6, 2021
- May 4, 2021
- May 18, 2021
- June 1, 2021
- June 15, 2021
- June 29, 2021
- July 13, 2021
- July 27, 2021
In the spirit of Livelihood and consideration of our current economy, this class series will also be Pay What You Can. The business value of the course is $50 per class, the whole series is $1000. You can choose to pay whatever works for you. The minimum payment to register for the class is $1. You can also request a customized payment plan.
If you would like to dive deeper with me, hourly consulting is available for Ecology of Livelihood at a sliding scale rate of $125 – $250/hour. There we can customize your livelihood business to your needs and troubleshoot tricky situations.